Sunday, February 26, 2017

Proposal Draft

I asked you to submit your proposal on D2L.  In addition, you should update your personal blog (or shared blog), so we can all follow your work.  Alternatively, you can post a comment here about what research questions you want to pursue as a way to focus the objective for your research, either as a group or individual.  If you have ideas for data, let me know.  I will also post data links on the blog.  Comment here about specific data you would prefer, or like to have for your project.

2 comments:

  1. Would you be able to provide us with data regarding medical device hacking? More specifically, data regarding how many medical hacking cases have occurred in the past year or so? Additionally, would you also be able to provide data regarding the types of devices being hacked or the way they are being hacked (manipulating code, disrupting network connection, malware etc.)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to find the government site, but Avi Rubin gave a Ted Talk in 2012 on how hackers are compromising cars, smartphones and medical devices, and warns us about the dangers of an increasingly hack-able world. You can skip ahead to medical devices, but I think he starts there, as I recall. It's a great talk. The link to him may have other recent pubs. I have not looked, as I just found this from the Ted Talk. Hope this helps.

      Delete